Sunday, June 10, 2012

Reflection

My first impression from the class was the realization of how important and advantageous is to be able to use technology in my role as a leader. While I am not particularly technology savvy, I understand that using technology is an extremely effective way of achieving success in many different areas, such as getting in touch with all members of the school community, including parents, students and teachers.
I also liked the idea of withholding (or canceling) ----------- from students with frequent absences or other infractions. This is a very effective way of motivating students to comply with rules and regulations. However, this particular method is mostly effective in JHS and HS, since most elementary school students do not have ------------.    
When discussing leadership styles, specifically top-down/ bottom-up vs. collaboration, I believe that there is room for an "in between" effective leadership style which I felt was not addressed after it was brought up by some students.