Thursday, June 21, 2012

Reflection

I gained great insights from tonight’s class. It was great having your principal present. He has vast amount of knowledge both as a leader and educator. Since I work in the private sector my mindset is not geared towards the public school mentality and procedures. I personally found the presentation very helpful in enlightening me on the day to day running of a public school. During the class we discussed how to handle ethical/problem situations that arise? The answer was PRIORITIZE. My current job description is specific and clearly defined. But I need to remember that as a future school leader I’ll be wearing many different hats, and I need to constantly remember that although each issue is important, I need to focus and prioritize what issue warrants immediate attention.