Sunday, June 10, 2012

Reflection

I liked the fact that you brought your own experience into the class. I was impressed how you used technology to get parents involved. I thought the texting was great! I also liked how you gave your teachers an incentive - movie tickets if they completed the task. We get more with honey than vinegar! I would love to use this in the future with my staff.

I liked how  we discussed the top to bottom and collaborative methods. Most of us felt that our organizations use both methods. It was food for thought of how I would conduct my working environment.

I was not impressed by the noise level and cross discussion that were going on , It distracted me and I needed to hear things again that were being said.  I felt overwhelmed by the amount of work we have to do for this course- I did not expect it due to the fact that Cynthia had said it was an easy course,(since we are all doing the internship over the summer.) I also am technologically challenge and was nervous when you asked us to bring in a lap top. I was happy that you said we can work in a group.

I like your technique of everyone writing down the dates they did not want to attend class on a sticky and then placing it on the board for all to view- very democratic!
Overall, I thought this was a positive first session.