Monday, June 11, 2012

reflection on wed class

The first class of any session is always a bit unnerving. What does the prof. expect of me? What do I expect from the prof. and the class?  Even though there was a lack of communication before the class started, I feel that it was handled pretty well once the class got under way. Your expectations were made pretty clear. As a parent who has a text messaging system with my child's school, I cannot tell you how important that way of communicating is. I always know if a bus broke down, if my child is stuck in traffic on the way home from a trip or if school is closed due to bad weather etc.
The most important thing that I took away from the class is the quote "A leader takes you some place that you are not ready to go alone" I thought it was very profound and as a school leader as well as a parent, I would like very much to put this into practice.