Sunday, June 10, 2012

Reflection

On June 6, 2012 during the class, I learned about the Angel program in your
Manhattan school, which was started by you. This program showed me that it is possible
with great planning, effort, time, and commitment to collaboration, a program can be set-
up to get more involvement of parents in the education of their children. I liked that this
program had a goal of more parent involvement, had a method for implementing the tasks
required to reach the goal, and a strategy to track the information/data on home phone
calls. Finally, it was modified based on the teachers' input. In this class, I was surprised
at the method that was used to obtain the student's working phone numbers. It sounds
interesting and I do not have a better idea of how to obtain the phone numbers, but I am
still concerned that somehow ------------------. In my professional practice, I would
apply your use of online survey's that are easy to track data and are not time consuming
for future projects that require my staff to be involved in. My reason for doing frequent,
survey's would be to remain knowledgeable about issues that need to be addressed and
are of concern to the majority of the staff.