Thursday, June 28, 2012

Reflection

The job search exercise that we completed yesterday was very informative. Looking for principal and vice principal jobs helped me focus on what I am looking for in a job as well as what qualities and qualifications schools are looking for in their administrators. It also helped me realize how a principal really is a "big fish in a small bowl."

I also learned a lot from looking at a school's report card. It was very interesting to learn about AYP (ADEQUATE yearly progress!). I enjoyed learning the "ins" and "outs" of the system.

I thought it was wonderful that we learned through hands on experiences instead of through a lecture. I enjoyed thinking critically about these topics and formulating questions that directed and guided the lesson.

Thanks for another wonderful lesson.